Thursday, January 16, 2014

Lamb Vindaloo

Tonight I made an adaptation of lamb vindaloo with lamb sausage and mounds of vegetables.

I based the recipe off this one from the BBC. After all, if any anglophone knows how to make Indian food, it'd be the colonizing Brits:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/lamb_vindaloo_41903

I modified it based on what I had in my pantry.

I started with a chunk of mild lamb sausage, and not even a big one. 

For the sauce:
- about 25 ml extra virgin olive oil
- about 35 ml canola oil
- one tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced & chopped
- water, about 75 ml
- one pinch salt
- about 2 teaspoons Indian chili powder
- about 1 teaspoon cumin
- a large pinch cinnamon 
- about 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger 
- about 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- about 1 teaspoon paprika 

I whisked it, chopped the raw sausage in half and left it to marinade all day.

When I got home from work, I cooked the sausage in some oil. I chopped it and added vegetables to the skillet with the meat.

Vegetables:
- Lots of peas
- carrots 
- fresh spinach
- leftover potatoes from last night's dinner 


Then I added the marinade and cooked it all together.

I served with rice and plain steamed fresh broccoli (just in case in was too spicy for the wee one). In my opinion, it was just the right spicy. Yummy yum yums.

 The two photos in the skillet were taken by my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment