Friday, January 10, 2014

Chicken vegetable pot pie

Yes, we're still eating that chicken. I worked again this afternoon so we cheated a bit on this one.

- store bought pie crust
- almond milk
- Campbell's cream of potato soup
- vegetables
- potatoes
- garlic powder 
- curry powder
- paprika 

I took an old butter wrapper and greased a deep dish pie pan. I preheated the oven to 410 degrees.

Next, my husband microwaved some potatoes and I put the bottom pie crust into the pie pan.

We plopped in the soup, then a half can of almond milk. I sprinkled in leftover chicken and frozen vegetables (carrots, spinach, cauliflower, and peas). 


Next I added the spices, a quick sprinkle of the paprika and garlic and probably about a tablespoon of curry powder. We added more chicken.


The potatoes went on top of that and then I topped with the second crust. Into the oven she went, covered with aluminum foil. 30 minutes with foil, then 15 minutes without. I then lowered the heat to 350 and did another 15.

The result was scrumptious but a tad saltier than I'm used to these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment