Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Applesauce Muffins

(adapted from the Betty Crocker 25th Anniversary cookbook's recipe for Applesauce snack cake)

Yield: about one dozen muffins

I wanted to use up some of my fruit canning syrup I had leftover so this is a tad odd.

Overnight I soaked in the syrup about 1/3 cup each:
- golden raisins
- dried cranberries
- raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Ingredients:
- 1/2 plus 1/3 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- almost 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup canning syrup
- about 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- large pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- the fruit
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

I topped mine with sliced almonds.

Bake about 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment