Monday, March 19, 2012

I like Brussel sprouts

For dinner tonight I maxed out our family's sodium content but we certainly got our colors...

I haven't tried Brussel sprouts in a few years and since Target had the Green Giant variety in butter sauce on sale so I thought it might be a good time to try a formerly disliked taste.

I liked them! Ate 2/3 of the box.

Except for the butter sauce, this dinner was vegan.

I made Gardein vegetarian beef tips by sautéeing them in canola oil, a pinch of minced garlic and a hearty shaking of ras el hanout. Served in zaatar bread for a Middle Eastern style sandwich.

Sides were sweet potato fries and Brussel sprouts. And home-brewed sweetened ice tea.

1 comment:

  1. serve them alot at the rehab, they seem to go better with a touch of beef broth and a pinch of thyme / butter

    Dan

    ReplyDelete