Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Post MFA interview shopping

This morning turned out crazy, and awesome, as our family overslept by about 80 minutes.

Not I haven't been blogging our food purchases since we've been so short on cash it's been the grab-exactly-what-we-need-to-survive mode. And use everything in the cupboards.

I mean everything. Soon we'll be eating the fruit I canned last summer for breakfast.

Now, I needed the car today for my MFA interview at Cedar Crest College. That meant getting everyone up and out of the house in twenty minutes. I could have dropped a Quaker Oatmeal bar in everyone's hands since I bought a box over the weekend or one of the chocolate chip Clif bars I bought on sale a while ago.

That wouldn't provide quick coffee. So we zoomed out of the house in 15 minutes so we could save 5 minutes to stop at Wawa. Husband and I got egg sandwiches and coffee. Daughter got a tuna wrap. For breakfast.

I tried to pay with my Wegmans shoppers club card. Got my visa and paid the $11 tab.

My interview went well, got to chat writing and sit in the sun. Wondering if I'll end up with a sunburn... It was noon.

Stopped at Target for a few things and only a few since I only have $50 left in my checkbook. It's Étienne's 53rd birthday today and I'd like to bake him a cake. Since I normally torture him (he's a protagonist from my manuscripts) I thought it'd be nice of me to... well... be nice.

At Target, I bought:
- asparagus, fresh, 12 ounces, $1.59 (yes, I put it in a cup of water after I trimmed the ends)
- blueberry breakfast bread, $3.79
- 3 large cans tuna, $2.19 each
- Archer Farm multigrain bread (I have to start baking my own again) $2.50
- canola oil, $3.39
- big bag of sliced almonds, $4.49 (seriously? Sigh.)
- old orchard 100% juice frozen concentrate apple raspberry, two at $1.59
- Silk PureAlmond vanilla, $3
- silk unsweetened soy milk, $2.99
- quart of heavy whipping cream (for the imaginary frenchman's cake) $3.99
- 8 ounces of extra sharp cheddar
- Hostess strawberry cupcakes, in case I don't bake the cake $2.50

Subtotal: $40.48
Team member discount: -4.06
RedCard discount: - 1.82
Total: $34.60

No comments:

Post a Comment