Sunday, March 25, 2012

Commitment

This is one of those catch-all kind of entries. It's been an odd couple of days. I have a slight cold (as does the child) so Friday I left husband in charge of dinner.

He came home with a Pizza d'Oro Sicilian with sausage and broccoli, caesar salad and black cherry soda.

Yesterday I used the pint of local exotic plums I canned last summer to throw together a tarte tartin. And I mean throw together. I didn't even measure much and I substituted lots of ingredients-- heavy whipping cream for sour cream, applesauce for eggs.

My mom has undertaken a radical change in diet. Her blood pressure and cholesterol are very high. Her sugar is out-of-whack. Her thyroid isn't working. AND she's gained weight. So, I'm helping her with that.

Meanwhile, it's spring and I have little garden plants growing in egg cartons on the sun porch, planted last weekend from seed. We have tomato, lettuce, green beans and flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment