Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mystery pasta dinner

I intended to make a reduced dairy mac and cheese for my daughter, but instead I made some copious amounts of baked pasta.

The sauce was:
- about two cups whole milk
- one cup soy milk
- three to four tablespoons butter (the sauce started as the butter mixed with a heaping teaspoon of floor cooked on medium)
- a teaspoon garlic powder
- a tablespoon dried basil

When that heated, I added three slices of provolone, about 3/4 cup Mexican blend of cheeses and about eight ounces of extra sharp cheddar.

I added one cup frozen peas and half a box of spinach.

I mixed in noodles. Poured it into two dishes (intended one but oops, too many noodles and too much sauce)

I topped with Parmesan and black olives.

Covered with foil and baked at 350 while we watched an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment