Monday, June 6, 2011

Target shopping again

We spent about $575 on food in May. $344 on groceries and $229 on dining out. This sickens me. We're bleeding money in every area of our lives: my tuition, the car, my dental bills, a fuel oil drop, our quarterly bills. I wish I could eliminate that dining expenditure, but it's my stress relief. I expected our grocery bill to be higher than usual because we bought $30 worth of Carnation Instant Breakfast and probably $50 in yogurt and probably $25 on those Bolthouse Farms immunity boost smoothies in an attempt to feed me when I could not chew.

But now it's June. Clean slate. (We won't think about the $84 I've spent on dining already...)

I spent about $44 on groceries at Target yesterday. Was there to buy my daughter make-up for her dance recital. I'll recount my entire list:

From groceries:
  • 100% apple juice, $1.84
  • New England Blueberry Cobbler coffee, 2 packages, $11.98 (I must abandon this habit. I estimate we spend $200 a year on this coffee)
  • Del Monte pear halves (poire tarte tartin anyone?), 2 big cans, $4.58
  • Dole mandarin oranges in juice, two regular sized cans, $2.78
  • two cans of Market Pantry peaches, $2.18
  • Market Pantry tropical fruit salad, $1.09
  • Valley Fresh chicken meat in a can (the big can), $2.29 
  • Market Pantry tuna, two big cans, $4.18
  • A big old seedless watermelon, $4.99 (my daughter asked very sweetly for this)
  • boneless pork chops, two packages on sale for $3.49 each (regular price $4.99) minus $1 off coupon, $5.98
  • Silk soy milk, unsweetened, $2.79
  • Market Pantry half and half, two pints, $2.58
  • greens: Fresh Express, one spring mix and one romaine, $2.99 each, buy one get one free
From cosmetics:
  • foundation, $3.59
  • lipstick, $1
  • mascara, $3.99
From pets:
  • 27 pounds of cat litter, $8.89
Other:
  • kid flip flops, $1
  • 32 count thin maxi pads, $3.79 minus 75 cent coupon
  • alcohol (the first aid kind, I use a lot of the high percentage stuff for cleaning) $1.87 minus 50 cent coupon
TOTAL: $73.13
Team Member discount: $7.33
Red Card discount: $3.28
Reusable shopping bag discount: 20 cents
tax: +94 cents
NEW TOTAL: $63.26

No comments:

Post a Comment