Friday, November 5, 2010

Ten Minute Shopping

So, last night on my half-hour meal break I ran through Target and grabbed a few things.

The cat needed some wet cat food. He doesn't like the chicken flavor and that's all we have. So I got him five cans of fishy flavors. (4 cans at 42 cents, 1 at 37 cents).

Neither us nor the tortoise has had greens lately, so I checked out the produce aisle. Sad really, the state of that green stuff. But, it's very cold and the tortoise is picky about eating right now so I grabbed the least brown romaine lettuce on clearance for $1, regularly $1.99. After all, I'm feeding it to her right away and it was still in a state I would eat so...

Then, I got into the fruit because I noticed raspberries. They were a tad wet, so they were reduced to $1.50 for the 6 ounce container. They didn't look moldy or rotten, just overwet. And raspberries last five minutes in my house. So, I bought 2 containers. Ate one last night when I got home. Shared some with the tortoise. They were fine, just wet.

Bought a pound of strawberries, $2.49 (sale price, but not clearanced)

Four bananas at 19 cents each.

Some flavored water, four bottles for $1.99. Primarily purchased because I forgot my water bottle. Disappointed because they have sucralose and I was hoping for no artificial sweeteners.

And panty liners.

Total: $13.07
Employee discount: $1.31
Red Card discount: 60 cents

New total: $11.37

No comments:

Post a Comment