Monday, November 15, 2010

Crazy Target trip

Because I've been working about 22 hours a week in addition to school, doctors' appointments and household duties... I have not done any shopping. My mother-in-law and I started planning Thanksgiving and I realized I had to get something into the house before we all starved to death.

I exaggerate but only slightly.

So, since I worked until 5:30 last night, my family and I walked through the store and did some shopping. There is way more processed crap in this list than usual, but it's Target. I did the best I could. Keep in mind that including this trip, we spent about $150 on groceries thus far in November and we've spent about $175 on eating out. That figure is high because we've been trying to change some routines and it's effected our planning/budget.

The list, prices regular prices with my discounts subtracted at the end:
  • shoelaces, $1.99
  • Tortilla chips with flax seed, $2.69
  • potato chips, two bags at $2.69 each
  • the giant container of cheeseballs, $4.99
  • JIF Peanut Butter, $4.39
  • funky peanut butter my husband picked out, $1.77
  •  Dole salad $1.34
  • some Market Pantry product I can't remember $3.99
  • three regular sized cans of hunts sauce, 69 cents each
  • Archer Farms buffalo blue cheese dip, $2.69
  • 24 ounces of Market Pantry medium salsa, $2.29
  • Something Reese? 99 cents
  • Market Pantry rice cereal, $2.34
  • New England Blueberry Cobbler coffee, $4.99
  • Archer Farms Pumpkin Spice coffee, $6.99 (not impressed with the flavor, never again)
  • Tazo Rose tea, $3.29
  • Battered fish fillets, $3.99
  • Archer Farm multigrain bread, $2.89
  • marshmallows, 96 cents
  • 1 lb strawberries, 2.99
  • 4 small lemons, $1
  • Green Giant vegetables, one almond and green bean, one broccoli and cheese sauce, $1.27 and $1.38
  • Archer Farms steam in bag broccoli florets $2.29
  • Old Orchard Apple Raspberry juice concentrate, $1.17
  • Market Pantry Apple Juice concentrate, 97 cents
  • whole milk, half gallon, $1.94
  • Silk Very Vanilla, half gallon, $2.69
  • Half and Half $1.19
  • two containers of heavy cream, $1.99 each
  • frozen Archer Farms crème brûlée, $5.29
  • Morningstar meat analogs: one bacon, two breakfast patties, one chik'n nugget, one buffalo wing, $3.39 each
  • Tom's of Maine Sensitive toothpaste $3.69
  • Five pack of protein bars, $3.99
  • Up Aluminum Foil, a GIGANTIC role, $6.39
  • cat litter, 20 pounds, $7.89
  • Archer Farms fruit bars and granola bars, 3 boxes at 2.50 each minus $1 off coupon
 $131.41
minus 15% (10% employee discount and 5% red card) $113.04

Looking at this list, I'm a tad mad at myself for not doing an Aldi run and saving another $10 or so off some of the items on this list. Live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment