Thursday, October 21, 2010

Crazy Carrot 'Taters

Comfort food with a twist...

On the plane to France I had a special purée of potatoes and carrots. I liked it. So, tonight when I was faced with some potatoes at the end of the line and a plethora of carrots, I decided to mash them all.
  • six potatoes, sliced and cooked (skins still on)
  • 1 pound carrots, cleaned and cooked
  • About 1/2 to 3/4 cup heavy cream (decadent I know, but I ran out of milk)
  • 1 teaspoon organic four color peppercorn
  • 2 containers of Papa John's garlic sauce
The cream and garlic sauce probably contradicts the healthfulness... but they were yummy.

1 comment:

  1. my brother makes something similar with root veggies. He adds parsnips, and something else. can't remember what. I bet I can find it on his website. Nope. emailed him. It is yummy, yummy.

    ReplyDelete