Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Avocado Recycle: Green chicken salad

I made some chili for dinner tonight and when I went into the cupboard for the roasted tomatoes, I noticed a can of chicken. I received the canned chicken as a gift, and I like having it around for impromptu batches of chicken salad (cravings do happen).

So yesterday, since I didn't have avocados firm enough for the avocado salad, I mashed them into a dip which my husband enjoyed snacking on with crackers. I commented that it would make an awesome topping for a turkey breast sandwich on a big bun.

Enter can of chicken. Remove last loaf of English muffin bread from freezer and toss in oven. Mix chicken and avocado-mustard dip and pile on bread with romaine.

So, I mixed:
  • the can of chicken
  • the avocado dip made from two avocados
  • about 1 teaspoon it's a dilly
  • the remaining dressing from the attempt at avocado salad
  • about 1 teaspoon four color organic peppercorn
  • about 1/4 cup cucumber
And what I've created is some really green chicken salad!

I love it! It's fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment