Sunday, October 5, 2014

NutriBiotic Raw Rice Protein Powder

So today I did not do a heavy work out. Yesterday I lifted weights and walked 11 miles by the end of the day. Today I took it easy and decided my walk would be a three mile leisure stroll to my daughter's swim lessons. 

I entered my projected food for the day into my calorie counter and saw I was about fifteen grams of protein short of protein levels even for a not very active day. And I had chicken for breakfast and lunch! 

I thought this would be a good time to test a rice protein powder since it has less protein than the pea, hemp, soy or whey. 

I tried the Nutribiotic Raw Rice Protein in Mixed Berry. 


It smelled great, like Berry Berry kiss. Gluten free. Vegan. Only 60 calories. 12 grams protein, less than 2 g carbohydrates, 2 mg iron and 80 mg phosphorous. Cheap, as the sample was $1.25.

Initially shaking looked good.

Daughter hated it. I likened the finished product (mixed with vanilla soy milk) to pouring the milk in an empty box of cereal and drinking the crumbs. This would have to go in a smoothie to fix the texture and lack of flavor. It's not terrible as much as it doesn't dissolve well and has a taste like unsweetened Kix. I drank it, but it wasn't something I enjoyed.

It doesn't have any other nutrients and the protein count is half what most of the others are... So I don't know if it's a product that would be useful to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment