Saturday, October 18, 2014

More protein powder


So, after doing research online and in my local health/ natural food stores regarding price and ingredients in various protein powders, I decided to walk over to Essence of Health to buy a larger container of protein powder.

I figured I'd compare the prices to online, but the reality is that I only have a few more days of my experiment samples and I'd like to have something in the house.

They were having a sale. I picked up a vanilla vegan powder from Biochem Sports because it dissolved well and tasted like a milkshake. It's sweetened with stevia, which I have mixed feelings about.

I also wanted cookie dough spiru-tein. They had the larger canisters of cookies and cream (which I didn't care for) but not the cookie dough. I liked the spiru-tein because it also replaces my multi-vitamin. Less protein than Biochem Sports but additional vitamins and minerals.

I noticed the cookie flavors pack extra sugar and extra calories (duh-- I should have realized that earlier). They had an unsweetened vanilla that sounded right up my alley but it turns out that was $2 more expensive than the flavors. So I grabbed cappuccino. 

Today we had Plant Fusion Cookies and Créme. Too chocolately for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment