Monday, October 13, 2014

Fall flavors chicken salad

Yesterday, I used my Target pharmacy rewards and did a huge shopping order-- household items, Christmas shopping, clothing and groceries. My fridge and freezer are so full I had to toss a whole chicken in the crockpot yesterday. 

Today I have chicken bone stock brewing and I made some of the chicken into chicken salad.


I used about 32 ounces (?) chicken.
My other dry ingredients were:
- the biggest organic carrot I've ever seen, which, once my daughter peeled and grated it, yielded about 1 1/2 cups
- a small local apple, also grated
- and two tablespoons of the cranberry-clementine-almond relish I made last fall.

And the dressing:
- about two teaspoons mayo
- about one teaspoon organic peppercorn ranch dressing
- about two tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt

1 comment:

  1. Finally tried the relish today. The flavor of the clementines was in the forefront. Didn't taste much cranberry. But it was yummy.

    ReplyDelete