Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Spiru-tein and tuna sandwiches

No exercise. Crappy diet. That's me today. Tried to make up for eating croissants and brownies and pizza earlier by having a tuna sandwich (with only one slice of bread) topped with alfalfa sprouts and a side of raw cauliflower.

Had bad need regarding a friend's health today and spent three hours at the vet's office. Our youngest cat has a chronic urinary tract disease and he developed a blockage. I had made the very difficult decision to have him put down because I don't know if we can afford the ongoing maintenance of his condition. Today's bill would have been $1,500 to relieve the blockage but not correct the condition.

This is Oz, after I made the decision to euthanize him.

But at the last minute the vet found another solution! The animal hospital would subsidize his corrective surgery if we allowed a student surgeon to perform it as a teaching case. $1500 reduced to $600, all inclusive, and he gets his surgery not just treatment.

I'm still waiting to hear how he did. I obviously said yes.

So that's why I'm carbohydrate queen today. 

Figured I'd go ahead and try today's protein powder with dinner, Spiru-tein cookies and cream flavor. 


Only 14 grams of protein, lots of nutrients and a reasonable price point. ($1.99 for the sample.) My daughter loved it, but it left me ambivalent. Drinkable, not too sweet, but more like a thick flavored milk. 

1 comment: