Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Vegetarian Mexican night

I made burrito-y things with a vegetarian filling. Homemade guacamole, a mix of farm fresh corn, garden grown green pepper, black beans, sour cream and salsa. 

My guac today was a small batch as I only bought one avocado (what was I thinking???). 
- one avocado
- one small tomato from my garden chopped
- splash lemon juice
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- hearty shake of chili powder
- slight shake of cumin
Stir, chill.

The filling:
- one green pepper diced
- three cobs corn, corn removed
- 1/2 teaspoon four color peppercorn medley
Cook in saucepan for about 10 minutes on low, with just a pinch of cooking fat.
Add one can black beans. (Mine are reduced sodium and well-rinsed. Normally I make my own from scratch and freeze them but haven't got around to it lately.)

 Shake of chili powder. Increase heat to medium, stir and heat until good and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment