Sunday, August 18, 2013

Loving Cartwheel

I was in the garden today fighting with a stubborn zucchini vine when my back went out. 

We needed light bulbs for the ceiling fan and I figured-- since I knew I would be seriously hurting after work-- that we'd watch a movie and take advantage of Target's back-to-school pizza sale for dinner.

Adding some Cartwheel deals, we got FOUR frozen pizzas, FOUR light bulbs and a back of popcorn for $16.42.

How?

Well, we found a Cartwheel for the light bulbs for 25 percent off. That brought the price down to $2.91 from $3.89.

I bought popcorn in the café, regular price $1.29, but got a Cartwheel for an additional ten percent off. That made the popcorn $1.16.

Now the frozen pizza is buy three get one free. I found Cartwheel deals for all the brands-- but we ended up using 5% off on DiGiorno and Archer Farms. The regular price for Archer Farms pies is $4.99. DiGiorno and California Pizza Kitchen were on sale for $5.49.

The free pizza was $4.99 and Cartwheel saved us an additional $1.08.

The subtotal was $18.96
Minus the team member discount - $1.90
Minus RedCard - $0.85
Plus tax + $0.21
TOTAL: $16.42

No comments:

Post a Comment