Thursday, August 29, 2013

Cereal night

One of my work colleagues had the newly re-released Monster cereals-- Frute Brute and Yummy Mummy-- that she said she got at the Giant near my husband's office.

They didn't have any. :( 

But I grabbed a container of low-fat blueberry muffins, unsweetened soy milk and two $1 boxes of guaranteed value generic cereal. 

I needed paper bags for school book covers and when the young man at the counter heard by request for paper and why I wanted one, he offered me five more.

I'm sure his supervisor loved that.

So the generic box of raisin bran, according to the serving size on the box, had four bowls. That's what it had when we poured it out. The honey golden crisp had seven. We didn't finish that one, so I can't verify that.

Of course, cereal and muffins for dinner is like serving cake fortified with vitamins but this is a one time deal. I'm always shocked at how much more sugar raisin bran has compared to golden crisp. I shouldn't be because I know better.

We add extra raisins to our raisin bran.



No comments:

Post a Comment