Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Jalapeño ranch dip

I was in Manhattan yesterday after a very busy weekend so I'm not even sure what I've eaten lately.

One of those weekend nights, I took advantage of Target's buy three get one free chips and salsa sale. Got potato chips, blue corn flax tortilla chips, traditional salsa and the new Archer Farms jalapeño ranch dip.

The dip does not fill the shoes of the discontinued buffalo blue cheese dip we loved. It's a cross between ranch dressing and sour cream and onion dip with jalapeños thrown in. I like it. It's got a nice kick, but... It's not as good as the buffalo.

When I got home from my interview, my mother-in-law had made the family a very traditional dinner: chicken, mashed potatoes (with jar gravy), corn and applesauce. I tossed some cold chicken in a wrap with salad, corn salsa and the dip. That was nice.





No comments:

Post a Comment