Saturday, February 2, 2013

Charlie's

Today was a special day. I took my daughter and my friend Gayle to see the dinosaurs in Alpha, N.J. I figured no visit to Alpha was complete without a trip to Charlie's Pool Room for hot dog's with Grandma Fencz's secret sauce (since 1925!)

Charlie's Pool Room offers hot dogs, served with or without special sauce, with or without pickles. There's a possibility of a side of Doritos, some candy or a can of soda, but don't expect much more choice than that.

The brothers who run the place remembered me-- despite seven years since my last visit!

There's one table and customer's eating in share it, taking turns when chairs fill.

We got some quarters and played pinball, Galaga and I kicked butt at Ms. Pac-Man.

7 dogs, 3 cans soda, 1 package candy and some video games = $20.



No comments:

Post a Comment