Friday, January 11, 2013

Noosa

Ever since I had gestational diabetes 9 years ago, it's changed how I view commercial yogurt.

Most (creamy, good tasting) yogurt has 45 grams of carbohydrates per serving, which is how many servings of carbs I was allowed to have with dinner. OR they are packed full of chemicals and artificial sweeteners.

I made the switch to Stonyfield yogurts, primarily the YoBaby yogurts because I liked the small portions and the real ingredients.

But again, the nutrition and protein in a yogurt never seemed to balance out the sugar and daughter started her ear problems so we ended the regular yogurt.

Now I get most of my yogurt from the farm, but when I broke my teeth my husband started buying me Greek yogurt (specifically Chobani). High in protein and easy for me to eat.

At work the other day, we were in the breakroom with a colleague who works Market (Target's grocery section) and she recommended Noosa, Australian style yogurt supposedly made from Happy Cows with no growth hormones.

These things are incredibly delicious. They taste like dessert. The strawberry rhubarb tastes like cheesecake. The honey reminds me of sweet cottage cheese without the lumps. The mango seems a cross of the two.

They retail at Target for $2.39 for a two-serving container. Each serving has 15 grams of carbs, around 10 grams of protein, at least 10% of a day's calcium even vitamin A.

I'm hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment