Saturday, July 28, 2012

Successful grilling?

Anyone who has followed this blog knows that when we grill, serious misadventures follow, to the point where we doubt our successful grilling endeavors because they feel *too easy.*

When your NOT trying to keep a fire lit in a windstorm or seeking shelter in the middle of heavy rain, it seems overly easy to light the grill, put food on the grill and voilĂ  dinner... Too damn easy.

Today I took a head of cauliflower, brushed it with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkled it with sea salt and cut it into large chunks to layer in the grill basket.

I put those on the preheated grill for 15 minutes and they began to turn nicely brown. I flipped them and put some bratwursts beside them for about five minutes. I have them in another basket, so I flipped them and put them under the cauliflower.

In a few more minutes, we should have a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment