Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Random updates

School lunch today was "chicken rings" and school lunch yesterday was pork sausage on a whole wheat roll so my daughter packed.

Yesterday it was the last of the vegetarian baked beans and vegetarian hot dogs, applesauce with cinnamon, and broccoli with ranch to dip and carrot sticks.

Today I had a small flour tortilla and some organic corn chips packed with raspberry salsa, the leftover taco beans-meat-corn-garden peppers mixture in her thermal bowl, and fruit cocktail. Then she asked for carrot sticks.

How can you say no?

Meanwhile, I took a piece of lebanon bologna and put some horseradish on it and piled it high with fresh spinach. I rolled it like a wrap and ate it for breakfast because I was starving.

Daughter saw this and responded with "that looks good." I have promised to make her one (without horseradish) after school.

I have an appt with the periodontist today to see if my dental implant had properly matured. Not that it matters to me, since I can't afford the tooth for it.

I made myself a gorgeous taco salad for lunch: a bed of fresh spinach, a little white rice, the taco mix child took for lunch, raspberry salsa and then a few crumbs from the bottom of the bag of organic blue corn chips with flax seed.

Now I can brave the 20+ miles to the dentist. In the new-to-us car. On the highway. In a storm that may include high winds, torrential downpours and tornados.

Goody.

To have someone poke around at my gums.

No comments:

Post a Comment