Saturday, September 15, 2012

Post Aldi sandwiches

Sometimes, my hormones go crazy and I want greasy junk. Today it was pizza and cheesesteaks. Yes, I wanted both.

Instead, I went to Aldi. Why should I spend $30 for take out if I can find something just as appealing (and junky) in the grocery store?

My daughter had a craving for sandwiches and while I'm not an advocate of cold cuts, I thought roast beef slices could satisfy both of us.

I bought some staples and the replacement for our pizza and cheesesteaks. This wasn't meant to be healthy, or unprocessed, just healthier and less processed than cheesesteaks and pizza. And cheaper!

I spent $48.75.

My haul:
- three 15 ounce cans of pumpkin, 99 cents each
- can of pineapple chunks, 89 cents
- big bottle of canola oil, $2.69
- jalapeño kettle chips, $1.79
- dates, $1.99
- canned diced chicken breast, $1.79
- jar of mayo, 1.99
- chunk tuna in oil, 79 cents (oops. Wrong one)
- chunk tuna in water, 3 cans at 64 cents each
- Lebanon bologna, $3.29
- roast beef lunch meat, $2.49
- wavy potato chips, $1.39
- sweet potato chips, $1.99 (very impressed with the vitamin A content)
- dozen eggs 78 cents
- 20 count 6" tortillas, 2 bags $1.49 each
- mini croissants, $2.49
- fresh spinach, $1.69
- English muffins, 99 cents
- sliced Gouda and sliced havarti, $2.49 each
- 3 zucchini in a box, $1.69
- jalapeño poppers, $2.49
- oats, $2.19
- half gallon of vanilla almond milk, $2.49

1 comment:

  1. for a junk food run, this shopping trip has a fair amount of nutrition. To balance the buttery (translation yummy) croissant, you added spinach. And knowing you there isn't much cheese.

    Fry the lebanon bologna. it's to die for. And as a bonus some of the fat goes away. Just remember to cut the edge or it will balloon in the middle.

    ReplyDelete