Sunday, May 6, 2012

Flounder with homemade tartar sauce

Today for Sunday dinner I made white rice, green beans almandine and Archer Farm lemon-chive flounder with homemade tartar sauce.

I got the fish on clearance, $2.48 for three servings. I made the tartar sauce on the back of the box, with modifications based on my family's preferences.

The original recipe:
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickle, relish or capers
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice

Mix and refrigerate

My version:
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives (chopped) from my garden
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon thyme from my garden
- 1/2 dill pickle spear, chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard (no other varieties in the house)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice

I loved this sauce, so did my husband. That's amazing since I hate mayo and he hates mustard, citrus and pickles.

No comments:

Post a Comment