Saturday, May 5, 2012

Peanut Butter Evaluation

We have no food in the house but vegetables, noodles, rice and dried beans. I was hoping to make it to payday before grocery shopping, but after having snow peas for lunch and dinner, it became apparent that wasn't going to work.

I don't have much in the checkbook, and I worked 12:30 to 5 yesterday. So at noon, I went to Target to try and find non-perishables for dinner. Because I knew at 5, I'd simply want to go home.

So... I got breakfast for dinner.

- Archer Farm Apple Fritter breakfast bread, $3.99
- Peanut Butter and Company Natural No-Stir White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter, $3.74
- Market Pantry blueberry crunch cold cereal (it's supposed to taste like blueberry muffins), $2.54
- Market Pantry cinnamon toast cereal, $2.54

We had unsweetened soy milk at home for extra protein.

And that was dinner.

The child loved it because we rarely eat cold cereal.

While in the store, I noticed we had Better Oats oatmeal on sale. That's the instant oatmeal I prefer based on nutrition and ingredients. It was on sale for $1 a box. That's 20 cents a serving before my employee and REDcard discounts! I bought six boxes.

A note on the peanut butter:
The ingredients are peanuts, evaporated cane juice, vanilla, cocoa butter, palm fruit oil, lecithin from sunflowers, and salt.

Nutritionally, it matches JIF, but has less salt and 11 grams of carbs per serving versus 7 for JIF.

No comments:

Post a Comment