Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Final preparations

So, my traveling companion's Algerian visa did not come through and the embassy referred to mine as a mistake. Plans have been canceled and remade and we are departing for Paris tonight, with plans later in the week for Tunis (Tunisia) and Marseille (South of France).

The most stressful part of this upheaval has been eating. I have labeled certain pantry items for my husband and daughter and to eat them now feels like I am stealing food from their mouths.

While a friend takes me to the airport today (husband has to work but daughter will be done with school) husband plans a trip to Aldi on the way home.

These are my suggestions for upcoming menus:

- spiced peaches and the exotic plums I canned over the summer will jazz up some breakfast

- fresh spinach in a tortilla shell with some of the spicy turkey/bean pâté in the freezer

- steak with brandy sauce, potatoes or sweet potato fries

- chili (in the freezer)

- zaatar bread with feta

- boxed Mac and cheese

- Market Pantry orange chicken

- leftover daddy pasta (rotini, red sauce, ground beef, and a touch of cheddar)

- nachos with black beans, olives, cheddar and fancy salsa

- SteamFresh parmesan risotto with vegetables and added tuna



1 comment:

  1. I expect to see a post about your food adventures on the trip.

    ReplyDelete