Sunday, January 8, 2012

Crazy goodbye dinner

I am scheduled to leave for Algeria tomorrow, though if my traveling companion does not get his visa tomorrow, our journey may be rescheduled and our destination for this week changed.

So, hoping that tonight will be my last dinner at home, I whipped up some family favorites:

- spinach and spring mix with hot bacon dressing (my mother-in-law's frozen from thanksgiving)
- Market Pantry sweet potato fries
- buffalo blue cheese broccoli with Cheetos topping
- tuna sandwiches on wheat bread
- mango cherry Bolthouse Farms smoothie
- Edward's Key Lime Pie for dessert

My freezer is packed with vegetables, chili, turkey/bean pâté, a steak ready to cook and my brandy cream sauce to go on it...there's vegetarian sausages and Gardein beef tips, snow peas, and water chestnuts. Spaghetti. Boxed Mac and cheese. Fruit I 'canned' over the summer.

Plus cheddar, black olives and salsa for nachoes.

They won't starve.

1 comment: