Thursday, January 26, 2012

Easing my way back

I left Marseilles in the South of France at 10:55 am Saturday, having woken at 6:45 am. That, in American time, starts me at 12:45 am. We took a bus to the Marseilles/Provence airport where we ate our final pain au chocolat with coffee.

Boarded the plane to Paris, enjoyed the airport lounge for several hours, and embarked on an 8 hour 40 minute flight to Washington, DC. We landed around 8 pm.

I checked my luggage for my final plane home, and departure was delayed until 10:40. Then the plane broke and we were sent back into the terminal until about 12:30 am.

By that point I'd been awake 24 hours. We finally got to my fair town at 2:10 am.

And the spring semester started Monday. And I had dental surgery Tuesday for my implant. My digestive track did not survive Africa unscathed, so I haven't eaten much.

Last night I graduated from clear liquids/Gatorade/bananas/applesauce to rice-- because if I didn't eat something soon I was going to kill someone.

And so I made my family teriyaki snow peas and vegetarian meat to go with it.

It smelled so good... I ate it. No issues.

I had applesauce, coffee, Greek yogurt, Cipro and Motrin for breakfast. All is good.

For lunch I made half a tuna sandwich with Miracle Whip, a small serving of sweet potato fries and a Bolthouse Berry Boost anti-oxidant smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment