Thursday, December 29, 2011

Classico Sausage Skillet

I received a phone call from Target today at 10:20 asking me to cashier from 10:30 to 2:30. I made it there by 10:48 and spent the day running back and forth between lane 12 and making pizzas at the café.

With my daughter away at Girl Scout camp, my diet has consisted of burgers and Christmas cookies, eggs and corn chips.

So when I got home, I asked my husband to whip up the following:

Classico Alfredo Sausage Skillet

- 1/2 box whole wheat rotini
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 jar Classico roasted red pepper poblano Alfredo sauce (I think... I had a Target coupon to try it)
- grated Parmesan

Darrell prepared the pasta while he browned the meat in my skillet. Then he added the sauce, then the noodles and we sprinkled with the cheese.

The sauce had a small bite and a layer of sweetness so I probably should have added a pinch of fresh ground black pepper. And broccoli. But I was starving so...

No comments:

Post a Comment