Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Crazy vegan Thai medley

There are nights where I make things for dinner that I would never share with company. They are too unpredictable and weird.

Like tonight.

I put two cups rice in the steamer with 2.5 cups Thai stock from Wegmans and 1.5 cups water. (to keep it from getting too spicy for my daughter)

In my skillet I combined:
- about 14 ounces(?) black beans
- about two to three cups stock
- two cups water
- one can water chestnuts
- two cups frozen French cut green beans
- chunks of 2/3 of a large golden delicious apple

It's simmering now. I'm hoping a slow simmer will allow the apples to cut the 'heat' of the broth and sweeten it some.

3 comments:

  1. I added a partial teaspoon of 'country herbs' to make it more savory (salt, Rosemary, parsley, oregano, basil, mint, sage, thyme)

    And I should have waited until later to add the beans. They're overcooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doh! And I forgot to mention that I plan to serve with crunchy sesame sticks!

    ReplyDelete