Saturday, January 1, 2011

Shopping

Blogging from my iPhone is not easy, but the iPad is almost out of data so...

My mom, in addition to a $100 Wegmans gift card, also gave me $100 in a Target gift card. Very convenient.

The other night after work, I picked up generic Up and Up Zyrtec for my daughter and found a couple of bargains while I was at it:
- dole bagged salads were $2.24 each
AND
- lemons, normally 33 cents each, were a dime!!!!
I bought ten. Granted, these are small lemons and one lemon provides about 2 tablespoons juice (but that could be because I freeze them.)Frozen lemons are awesome for baked goods and sauces.

I tease that as long as I have lemons, butter and flour, we can eat like kings.
But then Came my boneheaded move. I bought two containers of fat free half and half. Dumb. Very dumb. Isn't fat free half and half MILK?

Today we went to Wegmans. We bought a variety of things we normally would consider a splurge and thus didn't get as much as we could have if pinching pennies.

I bought:
- wegmans fresh 1/2 and 1/2, 1.29
- silk pumpkin spice soymilk, 2.79 (a new favorite here)
- wegmans special frozen vegetable blends, one Ginger and garlic stir fry and one squash/spinach, $3.99 each minus $1 for a coupon
- wegmans spinach and feta peorogies, 1.69
- broccoli spears, 2 at $1.29
- health is wealth spinach munchees and pizza munchees, 2.99 each
- wegmans spirals and cheese dinner, 6 at 33 cents each
- Goya black beans, dried, 16 ounces, 2 bags at 1.29 each
- Campbell's soup at hand (six year old can prepare by herself),  one vegetable and one chicken and stars, 1.39 each
- Annie's cowgirl ranch dressing, 2.99 (most ranch has MSG so I buy natural since my daughter adores it)
- lump crabmeat in a can, 4.29
- beef stock, 2.49
- fasig's whole bean rainforest caramel crunch coffee, 5.49
- 24 pack of Cottonelle double rolls, 13.99
- stew beef, 4.43
- 1/2 pound of wegmans medium Brie, 6.11 minus $1 coupon
- dental tape, 1.99
- curl cream, 3.99
- bacon-wrapped ready-to-cook scallops, $7.64 minus $1 coupon
- 3 pain Au chocolat, 1.25 each
- baguette, $2
- eggroll wraps, $2.50
- broccoli slaw, $2

Total: $90.56

2 comments:

  1. because at the time my husband was trying unsuccessfully to download a software update for the iPad

    ReplyDelete