Saturday, January 15, 2011

A couple groceries

When I left work last night, my husband had spaghetti cooking for dinner and he did not sound happy about it. We had the typical sprinkle cheese, and the grated asiago from Aldi, but he definitely sounded disappointed that we were having pasta. So, I bought a big bag of frozen meatballs. Of course, to find the meatballs, I had to go through various aisles of the grocery department. I saw some pork chops on sale for $3.74, when they're normally $4.99. I bought two packs and the meatballs were $5.49. The total was $12.97, minus $1.29 for my team member discount, then $5.90 used up the remaining funds on the gift card from my mom, and the remaining $5.49 went on my red debit card (which saved me another 29 cents).

We returned today, for two reasons, for a cat toy and to see if I could pick up some more shifts this week. The cat climbing hill was $18.39.

But then I went back to grocery. I ended up spending, with the cat toy, $50.45, minus the 10%, which was $5.10, and an additional $2.29 for my red card. That, with tax, brought my total to $44.41.

- Nonni's pecan caramel biscotti, $2.99 (part of a hostess gift for the dinner we're having with friends tonight)
- Pim's raspberry cookies, $2.99 (also part of the gift)
-Archer Farm fruit twists, $2.29
- nature valley crunchy granola bars, dark chocolate, $2.50
- San gorgio elbow noodles, 2 boxes at 80 cents each
- archer farm hot chocolate, French vanilla, $3.99
- canned chicken, 10 ounces, $2.49
- tuna, two of the big cans, (also 10 ounces?), $1.97 each
- old orchard 100% juice concentrate, apple raspberry, $1.17
- market pantry pink lemonade concentrate, 43 cents
- Morningstar vegetarian sausage patties, $3
- Boca burgers, $2.78

No comments:

Post a Comment