Monday, February 2, 2015

Disappointment cheesesteaks

We had a snow storm last night that meant schools closed and my husband and I shoveled wet snow for 30 minutes at six a.m. this morning so I could report to duty at Target.

I am cursed-- every time we have a snow storm it is on a day I am scheduled to do cash office. 

Today turned out to be an interesting day. My female issues for this month have hopefully ended, but it was a wild ride that really left me feeling emotionally and physically drained despite constant monitoring of my iron intake.

My passport returned from getting extr pages. Nancy Scott, the blind poet I assist with submitting her work, called to schedule our next date.

At the same time, I received a rejection from the prestigious Ph.D. program I had applied to. That stung. But hey, I'm sure they had stunning candidates from which to chose.

All of this added up to one thing.

CHEESESTEAKS.

I asked hubby to stop in the middle of the snow storm and flash icing to buy me steak meat. He did. Because he's awesome.

I made the steak meat plain so everyone could build their own sandwich.

I fried some tri color peppers and prepared some Archer Farms take-and-bake baguettes. These would be our rolls.


We pulled out various cheeses, sauces, lettuce, and bacon.



And we made a mix of sweet potato fries, steak fries and onion rings. My husband spiked some Yuengling with ginger brandy. 

My daughter made a steak sandwich with cheddar, ranch, bacon and lettuce. Mine featured A1 spicy AND Frank's fiery buffalo wing sauce and spicy gouda.

1 comment:

  1. It must be cheesesteak season! We made ours yesterday. Silly me tried to buy rolls on Superbowl Sunday.

    ReplyDelete