Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Chicken Rice Egg Drop Soup


It's miserably cold and I found myself lamenting that we couldn't make soup. And then I realized the idiocy of that, because I dropped all my frozen chicken drumstick stash into the crock pot Sunday to feed the family and make homemade stock.

So I've had chicken stock bubbling away for two days.

I asked the child if she wanted to make Daddy soup. She said sure. We had leftover rice from a Chinese take-out order and the leftover drumstick meat, so we started with that, in the strained homemade stock, for the base.

I asked her what kind of soup she wanted and she said Chinese. We cane up with the following ingredients:

- peas
- corn
- sesame seeds
- a few drops sesame oil
- teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar 

We got it crazy and bubbling and then drizzled an egg into it.


No comments:

Post a Comment