Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Target shopping for salad

My husband came to pick me up at Target today so I asked him what he might want for dinner. He suggested salads which is exactly what I was craving.

Now I think I should mention that I had an unexpected doctor's visit one week ago (nothing serious) that revealed weight is now one pound more than it was on the day I brought my daughter home from the hospital ten years ago. 

I have lost and gained-- never on purpose always from bizarre circumstances-- twenty one pounds. This bothers me because of some recent problems with my legs and back, because my mother has gained weight and subsequently now has high blood pressure, and because I had gestational diabetes which puts me at risk for type 2 diabetes.

Confession time: this winter I have eaten a ridiculous amount of unhealthy foods. 

This past week, I have monitored my eating habits and without really dieting I feel like I have cut my calorie intake in half. That's how badly I've been overeating.

So anyway, here's the salad fixings we bought:
- garden salad mix, 1.49
- fresh express Italian salad mix, 2.50
- fresh Green Giant snap peas, 2.99
- shredded carrots, $1.79
- cucumber, 79 cents
- Annie's goddess dressing, 4 @ $2.50 each
- Archer Farms salad toppers crispy onion straws, $1.33 (low sodium, low fat, even low carb)
- Archer Farms salad toppers cranberries & pecans, $2.06
- planters roasted sunflower kernels, $1.89
- Alouette Brie, $3
- small watermelon, $3.31
- small curd cottage cheese, $2.87
- Parmesan cheese, shredded, 2 packages (6 ounce) @ 2.55 each

No tax.
Total: $39.12
Team member discount: -$3.93
Team member appreciation: - 80 cents
Red card: - $1.72

New total: $32.67

1 comment:

  1. I've been eating crazy amounts too! Part of it's winter. Part of it's lazy. Lifestyle changes are the way to go. Don't forget DIEt starts with die. Not an option ... yet.

    ReplyDelete