Saturday, May 25, 2013

Graduation Day

Sorry for the silence. 

Today is graduation day. That second bachelor's will soon be mine.

A few weeks ago, I invited my friends up for dinner after graduation. I wanted someone to celebrate with my family so I didn't come home and plop down on the couch.

I offered to grill. That totally jinxed graduation for the Lafayette College Class of 2013. Sorry. It's now really cold and very rainy.

I haven't cooked anything decent in weeks. Between working a lot of hours, volunteer commitments, wrapping up school, job hunting, and child's end of year activities... We've eaten a lot of hamburger from the farm, my mother-in-law's leftovers and processed crap. But fruits and veggies too!

So today... My friends are vegans who graciously eat vegetarian when away from home. I believe that my duty as a friend is to offer food any of my guests will enjoy whether vegan, gluten free or allergies.

I have an unexpected meeting at Wegmans and few real food options in the house so we'll be picking up fresh veggies and funky crackers and vegan dips. And hopefully asparagus. And if we can squeeze in it, a trip to Forks Mediterranean Deli for homemade dips, olives, dates and zaatar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment