Friday, May 31, 2013

Eating in DC

It's come to my attention that I experience DC via food. (Yes, I'm in DC tonight. Came down last night after working a five hour cashier shift at Target for a job interview today ~ second interview ~ as a communications director at an NGO here.)

We left Target a little before 5 pm, armed with flatbreads from the café and Starbucks, specifically a venti iced caramel macchiato with extra espresso and a tropical creme frappucino. We drove about 3.5 hours into DC and dined on Cava hummus and harissa at my friend's apartment.

This morning we ventured to Paul, where my husband enjoyed a gourmandise and I had a croissant. My interview was very nearby and afterwords we had lunch at Nando's Peri Peri on 18th. This particular office is close to all my favorites! Even Godiva is nearby.

For dinner tonight we went to Ercilia's for some El Salvador style street food. Papua and plantains! Those cheesy stuffed flatbreads all gooey and hot... And the plantains... Cheap, comforting and fills the belly.




No comments:

Post a Comment