Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sweet potato oat waffles

I can't provide a recipe for these almost vegan waffles because I didn't measure and I didn't record. Looks like cooking time is about five minutes each in the Belgian waffle maker.

Approximately:
- 1 package steam in bag spiced sweet potatoes from Archer Farms (or pumpkin)
- cinnamon
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- about 1/3 cup coconut oil,warm
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 2.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup organic flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons flax
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch ginger
- brown sugar
- local raw honey

So far they taste great but they are sticking more than my waffles normally do

FAIL

They stick to the waffle iron no matter what, so I put them in the skillet to make pancakes. They burned on the outside instantly and stay all goo inside.

Probably should have baked it like a cake, because it tastes great. They are just in hash/ scramble form.

I bunched them into balls and baked them in the oven until cake like and my daughter went crazy over them.

I told her they were a failure and she ate them like they were the best thing ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment