Thursday, March 14, 2013

Frozen pizza shame

Normally my shame food is Cool Ranch Doritos. I haven't eaten any in about two months, and I'm proud of myself for that. When my metabolism freaked out during my premenstrual days, I ate two salads a day for a week. I could not get enough.

This is not me. Breakfast and lunch would be salad.

But then the weird processed food craving started... and I fed it frozen pizza. I bought frozen pizza because I had a coupon and found them on clearance...

And now I've been on a frozen pizza binge. And I hope publicly posting it ends it.

My favorite frozen pizza has been the California Kitchen roasted pepper with various gourmet cheeses. (I'm fairly certain the photo of two pizza slices is the California Kitchen roasted pepper pie.)

The worst has been the Market Pantry bacon cheeseburger one. The box makes it sound good, but what they don't tell you is that the sauce under the cheese and meat is KETCHUP. I'm not a huge ketchup fan. So that was yucky. They also neglect to mention the onions slathered across it. I picked most of them off before cooking.

Last night I ate the Archer Farms sausage, fennel and roasted pepper pizza as my dinner when I got home from work at 10. Not bad. The sausage was bigger and more flavorful than I expected.

The other one I liked was the Archer Farms goat cheese and arugula. (In the photo, it's the one with the large white circles of cheese.)







No comments:

Post a Comment