Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Oops! Grilled Cheese

I set out to make grilled cheese with tuna using our last four slices of bread. Since we only had those two sandwiches, I planned to cut them into three slices each so each person got two grilled cheese with cheddar and tuna "fingers" and a salad of romaine lettuce and raisins.

When I went to help the child flip the sandwich, it flew across the room and landed in the middle of the old brownie tin I use to bathe the tortoise. I took the side of the bread that landed against the pan, threw it out, and used cut the remaining guts and bread in half to make a double stuffed sandwich.

Otherwise, instead of 2/3 a sandwich each, we'd have gotten 1/3. This way we each got half, though the child got the HUGE stuffed half.

I also served some homemade granola to make up for the missing sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment