I started with a recipe from Epicurious but as usual didn't have the ingredients. So I made something that could have easily turned out to be cream of tomato soup.
It plated beautifully.
I used a 2 1/2 pound family pack of chicken breasts, beat with the bottom of a Le Creuset saucepan.
I poked holes in them with a fork and marinated them in a sauce of approximately:
- 1/2 cup plain low fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- garlic powder, about 1 tablespoon
- juice of one lemon
In a saucepan I sautéed:
- one tablespoon dehydrated garlic
- one tablespoon butter
- two tablespoons paprika
- two teaspoons cumin
- one teaspoon cardamom
- one-half teaspoon nutmeg
- one pinch hot Indian paprika
- one tablespoon diced candied ginger
- black pepper
- about one cup water
- about one cup half and half
- about one-half cup tomato sauce
I let that boil and reduced to a simmer while I cooked and diced the chicken.
Then I added three colors of peppers, cauliflower and peas to the sauce.
When that warmed I added it to the skillet: