Saturday, April 18, 2015

Fig marmalade

Bear with me here...

Yesterday I got a much needed haircut. I had a little more than a half hour before I needed to retrieve my husband from the office for lunch.

I stopped at the Mediterranean Deli because it was Friday and Friday is lamb shawarma day and I never manage to get there before they sell out.

I did yesterday. Talk about a great start to the weekend.

While I was waiting for my sandwiches, I bought yogurt, zaatar bread, hummus, medjool dates and pita. 

Then I grabbed a jar of fig marmalade.


Delicious. If I may state the obvious, it's like eating fig newtons without the cake. But what surprised me was the nutritional info:
1 tablespoon =
• 10 g sugar (5% RDA)
• 40 % RDA vitamin C
• 2 % RDA calcium
• 25 % RDA iron

No comments:

Post a Comment