Monday, September 8, 2014

Baked French Toast with Blueberries

I won't be home for dinner tonight and I saw some odds and ends around the kitchen that needed to be consumed. Eggs. Bread. Yogurt. We have fresh berries and those need eatin' quick.

So I prepped baked French toast. This will sit in the fridge and be baked uncovered at 350 for 40 minutes. This is a small portion. Serves 3 but the portions are not large.

I hope my family saves me some. I'm not sure how the yogurt will work out.

In a bread loaf pan, that I heartily greased with butter, I layered two slices of cinnamon raisin bread and then blueberries and a bit of brown sugar. Maybe two tablespoons. I had three layers of bread and two layers of blueberries.


Now the "sauce" I added to every layer as well. It went something like this:
- four eggs
- nutmeg
- ground cloves
- an ounce or two of half and half 
- about a cup very vanilla soy milk
- about 1/3 cup plain yogurt

Whisk. The yogurt may be a mistake. We'll see.


My husband baked it for 40 minutes at 350 and it turned out delightful. Though the child did not care for it. But she ate hers.


No comments:

Post a Comment