Friday, July 19, 2013

Pharmacy rewards at Target

Grocery shopping at Target, in my opinion, is not ideal. There is always some item they don't carry or they only carry certain brands or depending on the Target, the fresh produce is limited.

That said, when you know what you normally pay for certain products, Target offers some great deals and a lot of convenience when you need something more than just groceries. The everyday prices, even for food, are quite competitive.

Since I am a Target team member, I get ten percent off everything in the store. In addition, if I use my RedCard, I get another five percent. That's the same five percent anyone can get if they open a RedCard account-- available as a credit or debit card. I highly recommend these cards. They have other perks, too, such as free shipping on all items from Target.com.

Now, we don't use much medicine in this house, but about once a year we fill the five prescriptions necessary to earn Pharmacy Rewards. This is an additional five percent off everything in the store for an entire day.

When I get one of these, I stock up. Even if I have to borrow money from my kid. That was me yesterday. 


I spent about $300. Let me tell you some highlights. All prices are BEFORE the approximately 18% price reduction at the register.

Cat litter: Tidy Cat, 35 pounds, two containers at $12 each, plus free $5 gift card.

Welch's juice (no sugar added), on sale for $2 a bottle

Honest Kids organic juice boxes, $3 per 8 pack (Juicy Juice 100% juice juice boxes were $2.54, got some of them, too)

Chock Full of Nuts coffee, 28 ounces, on clearance for $7.64 (regular price 8.99)

Starbucks Dark Sumatra whole bean coffee, 12 ounces, on clearance for 6.78 (regularly $7.99)

Archer Farm Irish Cream coffee, 12 ounces, on clearance for $4.54 (regularly $6.49)

Celestial Seasonings orange tangerine tea, on clearance for $1.67 (regularly $2.39)

Tazo decaf chai tea bags, on clearance for $2.44 (regularly $3.49)

Stash herbal tea, peppermint, and Stash chai green tea, on clearance for $1.94 (regularly $2.29)

Archer Farms organic black tea, chai, on clearance for $2.08 (regularly $2.99)

Stash jasmine blossom green tea, on clearance for $1.60 (regularly $2.29)

Pop tarts (I have a craving, it's better than brownies, right?) on sale for $1.89

Fleischmann yeast, 4 ounces, on clearance for $1.98 (regularly $3.99)

Chobani Flipz, on sale $1 each

Noosa yogurt, $2.39 minus 35 cent manufacturer coupon




No comments:

Post a Comment