Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sweet Rice

About a year and a half ago, my daughter wasn't feeling well and a friend suggested arroz con leche for her. That led to this:

http://angelfoodcooking.blogspot.com/2010/04/arroz-con-leche.html?m=1

I recall she didn't care for it, but today, while about to make myself cream of wheat, I saw the five pound bag of rice and thought... Hmmmm...

So in a saucepan, heat until a nice melted, smooth sauce:
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Very Vanilla soy milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground cinnamon
- 5 fresh strawberries, diced
- 3-4 tablespoons raisins

Add to steamer with one cup rice. Steam 40 minutes to an hour.

1 comment:

  1. One of the few things I found good in Atlanta was a HUGE oriental Market, the kind with 20 kinds of Choy in the produce section. The place was truly a gourmets’ wonderland. I ran across a RED Jasmine rice, tasty and sweet in it’s own right. Added fruit and a little honey, great served hot or cold. Liked it better then my English rice pudding, definitely healthier.

    ReplyDelete