Sunday, November 2, 2014

My Crazy Chicken Spinach Potato Chip Casserole

I hope this works.

I made a chicken rice potato chip casserole. But not the standard kind with cream of chicken soup.


I cooked three chicken breasts (but only ended up using two). Meanwhile my daughter made a sauce of the following:

- one cup homemade chicken stock
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup soy milk

We added spices:
- parsley
- Himalayan pink salt 
- black pepper
- garlic
- mustard
- ras el hanout
- nutmeg
- cheddar cheese dip mix (about 2-3 tablespoons)

We mixed into the sauce:
- 2 cups raw spinach
- 1 cup northern beans

We placed one cup cooked rice on the bottom of the casserole dish. We layered sauce/mix onto the rice, put in the chicken chucks, and then sprinkled a touch of Parmesan and mozzerella cheese on it. We put the rest of the sauce/mix on top, added more cheese and topped the whole mess with crushed potato chips. 

I put it in the oven, uncovered, at 325 for 30 minutes...


It's a tad bland. I need to jazz up the spice blend more.

No comments:

Post a Comment