Sunday, April 21, 2013

Hot broccoli sandwiches

Sorry for the hiatus. Cupboards were bare. Schedules frenzied. Not much worth sharing.

But tonight I made these open faced almost like pizza broccoli sandwiches.

I took six slices of some grocery store bakery bread.

I preheated the broiler to high.

I spread each slice with the black olive tapenade from Wegmans. I layered pepperoni on next and sprinkled garlic pepper. I heated them just enough to toast the edges.

Meanwhile my husband chopped and cooled until crisp-tender some broccoli.

I added that to the sandwiches, sprinkled with Italian blend cheese and placed them back under the broiler until the cheese melted.

And the most awesome touch?

Drizzling then with cold pressed extra virgin olive oil when they emerged from the oven.

The whole family laments that I didn't make more.


No comments:

Post a Comment