Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Butternut squash ravioli and sushi

So, tonight was child's night to cook dinner. She wanted to make ravioli. I got her some vegan butternut squash ravioli.

She opted to make a cream sauce with vanilla almond milk, which came to a great consistency but had a flavor way too sweet for me. She also selected broccoli to serve in the sauce with the ravioli and also a side of Sushi from Wegmans.

Our seven year old neighbor cams over to help us cook, which was a tad much for my nerves. He also ate almost a whole loaf of my freshly baked, specially purchased bâtard bread.

Since my child shouldn't have dairy, I served the bread with extra virgin, cold-pressed olive oil with basil and parsley.

Her cream sauce was roughly:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- pepper, garlic pepper, basil, parsley, Italian herb seasoning, mustard and nutmeg
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk

It was edible, but not something I would repeat. I suggested some olive oil drizzled on them.

1 comment: